Incessant Rant
The Incessant Rant Home Page

Welcome to The INCESSANT RANT. On our worst day this site will embody .00000001% of the world’s opinion. Considering the world population increases by three every second, I'm going to have to persuade just under 260,000 people to agree with me daily if only to break even. I'm screwed...


The Incessant Rant Home Page

My Photo
Name:
Location: Connecticut, United States

I'm a Conservative Troglodyte who puts more emphasis on common sense rather than political parties.

E-Mail Me

The Incessant Rant Home Page

Monday, October 25, 2004

Integrity..Integrity..Integrity...*har*

Overlook Kerry's mother's message to him from her hospital bed (overlook, also, that Lexis/Nexis shows her passing away in her home, not the hospital)...It would appear as if Joel Mowbray of the Washington Times has shown that John Kerry never met with the Security Council...Security Council members deny meeting Kerry


However...

KERRY: I will explain. Let me explain to you very specifically.

Thanks to some friends in New York, I was invited to come up and meet with the Security Council in the week prior to the vote, and I wanted to do that, because I valued my vote. And I wanted to know what the real readiness and willingness of our partners was to take this seriously.

So I sat with the French and British, Germans, with the entire Security Council, and we spent a couple of hours talking about what they saw as the path to a united front in order to be able to deal with Saddam Hussein.

Now at the time, they were pushing for a second vote. But there was a way through that path, in my judgment, with patience and maturity and a readiness and a willingness to be serious. I don't think it took a lot of skill or analysis to understand that the politics of their populations at that time were not ready to move. And any president ought to understand the politics of other people's electorates, as you try to define how you get from here to there, which is the art of diplomacy.

Now I think patience could have said to the French or the Germans, "Okay, what do you need? What proof do you want? How long do we have to inspect? All right. Let's do that openly for the next month. We'll come back to the Security Council, and at that point, would you be ready?"
Speaker: Senator John Kerry, D-Mass.; Democratic Candidate for President
Presider: Peter G. Peterson, Chair, The Blackstone Group
Campaign 2004 at the Council on Foreign Relations
New York, New York
Wednesday, December 3, 2003



And, then again....(Aug 5th Unity Conference)

(snip)
And I believe we need a commander in chief who understands the test before you send young people to war. You got to be able to look parents in the eyes if they lose their son or daughter and say to them, "I tried to do everything in my power to avoid this, but we had no choice as a nation, as a people, because of the challenge to our country, to our fundamental values from a threat that was real and imminent."

I believe in my heart of hearts and in my gut that this president fails that test in Iraq. And I know this because I, personally, and others were deeply involved in the effort with other countries to bring them to the table. I met with the Security Council of the United Nations in the week preceding the vote in the Senate.

I voted to hold Saddam Hussein accountable, because, had I been president, I would have wanted that authority, because that was the way to enforce the U.N. resolutions and be tough with the prospect of his development of weapons of mass destruction. But the president said he would go to war as a last resort. The president said he would exhaust the remedies of the U.N. The president said he would build a legitimate international coalition.
(
snip)
DARYN KAGAN, CNN ANCHOR: We want to go from there to another part of Washington, D.C. and President Bush's challenger, Senator John Kerry speaking today at something called the Unity Conference

I suppose it's not the outright lying of the Kerry Campaign on this issue that bothers me the most...(although that is a factor). The real treasure is that Kerry uses this imaginary meeting with the Security Council to form his Iraq position(s). First he alleges that Bush did not make every effort to understand the Iraq issues...and in the next breath qualifies his own varied position(s) by using the UN Security Council hallucination as a cornerstone in his allegiance to truth. And, at the Unity Conference tries to invoke the support (or more aptly cultivate a dislike for Bush) of parents of soldiers basing it on his belief that Bush didn't exhaust his efforts in dealing with the UN...like Kerry did...or didn't..

One savvy investigative journalist, and Kerry falls on his face but again. And, as an added bonus, he puts the UN Security Council in a, somewhat, compromising position. Played properly throughout the week, and on the Talking Head shows...this is a piercing arrow since the theme of the Kerry stump speeches seems to be "Truthfulness."

|
The Incessant Rant Home Page
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
The misguided