Incessant Rant
The Incessant Rant Home Page

Welcome to The INCESSANT RANT. On our worst day this site will embody .00000001% of the world’s opinion. Considering the world population increases by three every second, I'm going to have to persuade just under 260,000 people to agree with me daily if only to break even. I'm screwed...


The Incessant Rant Home Page

My Photo
Name:
Location: Connecticut, United States

I'm a Conservative Troglodyte who puts more emphasis on common sense rather than political parties.

E-Mail Me

The Incessant Rant Home Page

Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Maple Leaf Rag


Connie Woodcock of the Toronto Sun writes on why she doesn't think these "Go Canadian" kits are going to do the trick in providing "worry wart" Americans the clandestine disguise necessary when traveling abroad. It is entertaining to take in her blatant generalizations in support of her position.

Let's see:
1. I swagger
2. I was in the military because all American men have been
3. I have a distiguishable dialect (although Ms Woodcock refers to this , quite improperly, as an "accent")
4. I am litigious
5. I am a complainer
6. I am offended when mistaken for another nationality
7. I am obese and keep ruining the seats on the Queen Mary II with my massive girth

Ms. Woodcock, obviously, recognizes the novelty and lightheartedness of the "Go Canadian" kits. I doubt she recognizes the amusement created by her own narrow minded views of her neighbors to the south. At first I thought she was being clever...but no.

Incidentally, Podunk is not in Pennsylvania as she would have you believe. It's in Southern Connecticut...and they have a great glazed doughnut shop right next to the bank.

|
The Incessant Rant Home Page
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
The misguided