Aden Hotel files suit against US Embassy
January 5, 2005
The Aden hotel administration has filed a suit against the Embassy of the United States of America over its warning of not spending New Year’s Eve at the hotel because of alleged security factors.
In a statement to the Yemen Times, Fadhl al-Hilali, General Manager at Aden Hotel said the warnings of the American Embassy sparked fear among clients and made them leave the hotel. A number of workers also left the hotel fearing the warnings from the embassy.
Al-Hilali pointed out that the rumors resulted in heavy losses for the hotel and negatively affected the hotel’s reputation. It also led numerous companies to cancel their bookings at the hotel.
He mentioned that the hotel’s administration had already prepared several ceremonial programs to celebrate the occasion as other hotels all over Yemen do and that the celebration was to be sponsored by many trade companies.
“The warning period ended and nothing bad occurred, so this indicates that such rumors have no place of truth,” Al-Hilali said. “According to the filed suit, we claim a compensation worth $ US500,000.”